Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Saigon 2007 : Floating Restaurant


Wisata kuliner Vietnam... Saigon ....

Saigon River Floating Restaurant

It was a ship modified into a triple-decker restaurant. The most popular menu was seafood, indeed, as we are floating on the Saigon River. Overall taste was good, not extra ordinary though (the shrimp makes me allergic). The gala dinner lasts for about 90 minutes. And after a long horn blew, the ship is moving departing from the port to circle the Saigon River delta. It took about 40 minutes to get to the embarkation point. During the cruise, we were entertained with an Indian dancer and the Saigon Lady of Fire show. I saw a real-life romance there, the dancer and her manager.

Saigon "Lady" of Fire show

While enjoying the cruise, I stood on the deck and the view was ‘humanity’. I saw a family of boat people. I saw raw material carrier docking under yellow argon light. I saw family boats with Myanmar flags. And I was aware that one of the orifice of Cu Chi tunnel is under this river!


Rohingnya Boat from Myanmar


Good sea food and flowers for our dinner


No comments: